Sunday, September 12, 2010

Part 5 - Soft Top Purchase

Summer '09, I was talking to my friend about the board I have and how it doesn't work for me. He was interested in water and surfing.  So one summer day we went over to Sundown just to look at different boards.  I've been there a few times as well as Bunger surf shop and all the larger boards were always $650 to $1500.  And not really having any idea what I might actually be able to use, especially coming from having a useless board, I was never willing to spend much at all considering how easily I could imagine myself not being able to surf another board!

But then there was a used soft top, $174, that I could do.   And it was 8' 7" so I was willing to go from my short board to the biggest, cheapest board I had ever seen.  Also remember that I knew no surfers and never even talked to any down at my unsurfable surf spot....

Also, the board was nicely dinged up and hard to damage and meant for beginners and I could strap it up on the racks without much additional gear.  Done.
This one doesn't sink as much w me on it - important for beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment