Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Part 14 - Ocean Time

Summer 2010 - After staying away from it for a year and working out in flat water, I've developed paddling endurance and even a little muscle, a surprise.

Workout goals were 200 reps in a set and 5 sets with diminishing reps but at least 1500 reps in a session.  And distance goals of 3,000 feet or about a half mile.  At the start of 2009 bay workouts, my first set was 30 reps before needing a rest and 120 reps at end of season.  Starting 2010 was 60 reps and quickly up to 120.  It took about 8 weeks before I reached my goals in August, started using the webbed gloves and working out almost every day to a day or more of rest and I was ready to hit the ocean.

I went to Tobay, right next to Gilgo, the conditions were flat but I was psyched to be in the ocean again, it was beautiful and great weather.  I was so stoked to be back that my first set was 350 reps.  Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment