Monday, September 27, 2010

Part 13 - Webbed Gloves

While training for paddling in August, I found webbed gloves.  In the video, Learning to Surf, Richard Schmidt said that they can be hard on the shoulders.  They sure are, but at the time I started to use them, I wasn't working out every day.  I couldn't since I was getting sore shoulders and arms from them.

Once I started using them, even the first time, I couldn't go back.  Suddenly I went from feeling like I was going nowhere with just bare hands, to having paddles and moving immediately with each stroke.  It was amazing how much faster and how much more each paddle stroke moved me and my board.  At that time I was still on the bay, but getting psyched to know that I had even more power for the ocean with the gloves.  Just about $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment