Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Long Trip Here - And "Here" is Just The Beginning!

...And here isn't really even "There," which is where I want to be.  But I did catch 3 waves yesterday and I have to jump forward in this story just to say that it was totally worth it.  It was my own beginnings of this awesome trip that I am going to be blogging about here.

There is no duplicate ways of learning and arriving to the place you want to be.  This is just the start, but even this start has been a long trip!

So here I am in the middle of the beginning.  I didn't stand on those waves because I realized that when I was attempting to stand on prior caught waves, I changed the attitude of the board in the wave and the wave kicked me out, I lost the wave.

So I decided to just make sure I know how to catch them and ride, and break the process up into parts to master each before moving on.

That is how I was even get to be able to paddle, after all.  That in itself was a process.  I'll post about that one soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment